Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bon Bon/Truffles for Emmie's Math Assignment


So my youngest hits with me this "bon bon/truffle" request on Saturday. She ask...s me to help her make 30 truffles to take to class on Monday morning. Well, I had to work all weekend and I was whipped and no time to make truffles. But...




Of course those Emmie "eye balls" melted me and I made them for her at 6AM on Monday morning before school. The reason for the truffles is because of a Math assignment that the kids are doing in her class.
RECIPE:

1 box cake mix (I actually used what I had in my cupboard, which was a yellow cake mix)

1 can of prepared chocolate fudge frosting (or you can use cream cheese)

1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla

1/2 cup cocoa

8 oz of semi sweet chocolate (melt in a double boiler and use to dip the balls).

3 teaspoons of butter (add to the melted chocolate)


sprinkles (for topping)

Combine the cake mix, frosting and vanilla in a bowl. Form balls and you can dip in cocoa than dip into melted semi sweet chocolate. Place on parchment paper and let rest until chocolate is hardened. You can place in the freezer to make the process much faster.



No comments: