- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 4 to 5 boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 5 stalks of celery chopped fine in food processor
- 3 cups risotto rice or short grain rice
- 420g can Condensed Creamy Celery Soup
- 2 lemons, finely grated zest and juiced
- 4 cups water and 1 container of chicken stock
- 350g bag frozen Spinach
- 1 cup of lentils
- 2 Tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- salt to taste
Method1. Heat a little oil in a large lidded saucepan. Add onion, garlic and chicken and cook over a moderately high heat for 3-5 minutes, until the chicken is browned and the onion and garlic have softened add 4 cups of water to make chicken broth and add to crockpot.
2. Add the rice to the crockpot and toss in the onion. Add the Condensed Cream of Celery Soup, celery stalks chopped within food processor, lemon zest, juice, chicken diced with all pan ingredients, including water and chicken stock. Stir to mix well.
3. Cover and simmer on high within crockpot, stirring occasionally until the rice is tender and all liquid has almost been absorbed. (cook for about 2 to 3 hours)
4. Lightly stir in frozen Spinach and rosemary and cook until the spinach is hot.